Monday, November 26, 2007

Need a diversion from work?




Oh, I've recently been introduced to a new website. It is wonderful! I challenge you to try it.

The basic rundown: You practice vocabulary, while donating rice to help curb world hunger. That's right, it really is that simple.

After finding the site and becoming slightly addicted to it, I introduced it to my reading class. I took them to the computer lab one afternoon and our class donated over 30,000 grains of rice! And they're only sixth graders! So visit freerice.com and enjoy!

3 comments:

Wes said...

Did you discover this via the link on my blog? If so, awesome! And yes, that site is ridiculously addicting, and you are doing some good in the world at the same time!

Laura said...

I donated 1,000 grains tonight, but I couldn't get my vocab level over 40!

leah marie. said...

i had no idea you had a blog!! i'm coming back! i'm going to start using mine again yayyy i love you.