Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Futbol!

So after 3 afternoons of soccer practice, I AM a convert. I love it! Ok, maybe that is an exaggeration, as I have not yet actually played the game. However, here are a few reasons it is wonderful:

1. The kids LOVE it, and I do mean LOVE. This is amazing, because as a teacher I'm forcing kids into submission, but this activity requires no forcing.

2. I get to be outside. We take about an 8 minute walk to some soccer fields, which is a great transition from being in the classroom all day to my evenings.

3. I get to blow a whistle.

4. 95% of the kids playing soccer after school are Hispanic. This means LOTS of Spanish, and some great conversations about culture --- which I love!

All in all, this is one of the most fun jobs I've EVER had.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yaa! I'm glad you love soccer, and I'm totally in agreement with all your reasons. I was thinking about buying a Mounties Soccer t-shirt to support my Hispanic kids...I'll do it.