Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy April Fool's Day!!!!

So, I got April Fooled today. I even told Tara last night before bed, to be prepared. I was on alert all morning long - you have to be when you work with 11 and 12 year olds. During my 2nd class, I was called down to the office. "Strange," I thought, but off I went. The kids were doing individual work, so I figured, no big deal, I'd be right back.

When I got to the office, no one knew why I was called down, so I headed back to my room. As I round the corner, I can see that the row of desks in front of the door are empty. "Awesome, I've been fooled," I thought slightly irritated. I quickly checked the room and ALL 28 of my students were GONE. Not hiding, GONE. I checked the bathrooms and outside, before I realized they had done a really good job. At this point, I'm no longer irritated, but highly amused. After checking with/accusing 2 teachers and the PE coaches, I walked back to the room ready to give up. They had come back while I was in the gym. We laughed, they were proud of themselves, it was good. Turns out a teacher on another team took them to hide behind the stage.


Then I had several students stay after school to Bluetooth songs to me. It was fun. Might have to do that again. But if you want the Apple Bottom Jeans song, I can hook you up!!!

4 comments:

Kelsea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsea said...

I miss you too! I had a good laugh about your post. Was that your students' idea or the other teachers? And, yes, next time we are together, I want the apple bottom jeans song. Seriously.

Cal said...

Sounds like a fun class!

Laura said...

I want the Apple Bottom Jeans song! It reminds me of the four of us breaking out in song at Pinnacle Mall.