Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kids and Roommates

Funny moment of the day:

Since today is Thursday, that means it's "Benchmark Practice" day at HTMS. Basically, I taught an extra test prep class today. I don't normally see JL (see previous post from the fall, sometime), because he is pulled out for extra help. Great kid, love him.

He walks in my room today and says, "Miz Dean, can I eat my frekfist?" I say, "huh?" He repeats himself, "I didn't get to eat my frekfist this morning, cus the bus was late." At this point I'm clueing in that he's not joking around, but actually thought breakfast was pronounced frekfist. It took at least 10 tries for him to get his mouth to make the right sounds for my own favorite meal of the day. Funny kids.

Funny roommate of the week:

So Tara, the roommate, is a sometimes sub (when not in school herself). Recently, she was unknowingly assigned to work at the alternative school in F'ville. She successful kept a log of student sayings. My fav: "Awww man, I'm not gonna be able to wear my skinny jeans until I get this ankle sh-- off!" Oh so many reasons this makes me laugh.

Also, the other night, in an argument w/ none other than Trent, she genuinely calls him a "fun hater." A fun hater? Tara, I knew your hair was blond, but I really thought you were above the blond girl comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.