Sunday, August 10, 2008

Goodbye Summer


Well, summer's over. Ok, not the season based on astronomy, but the season of no work/no school. I go back to work tomorrow. Actually I'm looking forward to the change of pace. I am designed to work with smelly, skwirmmy, snotty sixth graders, so it fits that I would look forward to being with them again. I am, however, sad to say goodbye to many of my summer favorites. So long:

- weekday afternoons at the pool
- snowcones in the hobby lobby parking lot
- waking up at 8:30, then taking a nap from 10 to noon
- reading
- late night drives to the lake
- spontaneous travel (i.e., Eureka Springs for the 4th - see picture)
- forgetting the current date
- craft projects
- Gilmore Girls
- and just good clean fun!

5 comments:

Schellhase said...

Forgetting the date/day-of-the-week is the best.

Brian said...

Even with my work schedule being the exact same during the summer, I'm still not looking forward to school starting. Something about summer is just so much more relaxed.

Kathryn said...

haha I totally agree with John...but try remembering the date from one side of the world to the next, gets a little confusing at times!

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taylorius said...

what kind of fun will you be having now?