Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Love My Job!

Last year on Tuesday September 25, I blogged about the fabulous-ness of parent/teacher conferences. And OMG, I just got home from the first night of conferences (yes, it was a 12 hour day) and I'm giddy. I absolutely love meeting the parents and families of my kiddos.

And oh, the glimpses into culture... There really are different concerns of parents depending on their cultural backgrounds. My white parents demand good grades, my Hispanic parents want respectful behavior, and my Marshallese parents just want everyone to be happy. Beyond that, the language barriers actually excite me, as they force me into small usages of my Spanish.

This is what we've been doing recently in math. Graphs, graphs, graphs.....



Survivor starts this week too, like it did last year. What a fabulous week!

2 comments:

kate said...

I love conferences, too...always so interesting. Ok, so our date never happpened. Next Monday...what are you doing? Miss you for real.

kate said...

Oh, and I'm totally pumped for Survivor, too...maybe we should watch together sometime!