Monday, September 29, 2008

Ms., Miss, and Mrs.

If you're ever feeling confident about your single lifestyle, just mention it to a group of sixth graders. I dare you! You will never quite look at the situation the same way.

I was teaching letter writing in my reading class a couple weeks ago, and in an attempt to teach correct Openers, I made the distinction among Ms., Miss and Mrs. Oops. Since then, I've received several interesting and humorous suggestions:

  • I'm not going to call you Miss Dean anymore, I'm gonna call you Single Dean!
  • Miss Dean, I need a picture of you, so I can set up your E-Harmony Page!
  • Yeah, if you don't find a match in the first 6 months, the 2nd 6 months are FREE!
  • You should get married this year, so you can have the wedding here [in my classroom] and we can all come!
They crack me up, and I just needed to share.
Signing out,
- Single Dean

5 comments:

Wes said...

ha, single dean....classic.

Brian said...

Haha, man I love kids. You should just go by senorita Dean - less confusing that way.

Schellhase said...

You should come to the Philippines. You'd have about four thousand people with cousins and neighbors they want you to meet.

Kathryn said...

awh man that is cute. Dont ya just love teaching some days?

leah marie. said...

This is hilarious...kids are too funny. Teaching - NEVER a dull moment.