Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Obligatory First Post

So I've definitely tried to blog before, but I've been unsuccessful at the upkeep. However, again I try my hand at a personal diary, of sorts. As I embark on this first year of teaching, I am well aware of my own disdain for handwritting journal entries and such. So I will try one more time to do this, the dedicated way.

Tomorrow is my first day. Not my first day teaching, but my first day on the job. The faculty (that includes me!) is meeting at the Jones Center in S'dale for some professional development. I expect to enjoy these two days of meetings, simply because they are training us to give personality tests to our students, I think. And me + personality tests = a happy, happy Cara.

Getting to this point has been a semi-long journey. 4 years of undergraduate classes, 1 really rough M.A.T. year and a summer of worrying over whether I got the only job for which I interviewed (yes, I'm that person) and wondering where they'd stick me. Final placement: 6th grade, Math!

All in all, I'm excited. A bit nervous, but mostly just ready for routine and purpose. So, bring on those sixth graders!

No comments: