Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Truth and Liquor

So I'm 2 days in. Two looong days of personality testing and personal mission writing. I'm actually quite exhausted from the smiling and being friendly all day long. However, I'm excited about the high quality of people I'll be working with throughout the coming school year. I know we are in the Bible belt, but it still encourages me when I walk into a public organization where people still confidently profess their faith and decisions to follow Christ.

Today I wrote my mission statement. I'm not sure how concrete it is, but I liked it more than I expected. Here it goes: "My mission in life is to choose, embrace and reflect truth for myself and others." Not bad, eh?!

On a different note, Tara just turned 21 last week. Since we couldn't celebrate her birthday on her birthday, we've been having a week of birthday celebration. Margarita's, Pina Colada's and Screwdrivers started the week. I hope to introduce her to wine and beer before the week is over. Mmmm....

No comments: